Dukkah Crusted Lamb Backstrap
- 500g Lamb back strap
- Olive oil
- 50g coriander seeds
- 50g cumin seeds
- 100g sesame seeds
- 80g roasted hazelnuts
- 80g roasted almonds
- 30g salt flakes
- 30g black pepper
- Create a dukkah crusting. In a saucepan, dry roast the coriander, cumin and sesame seeds until just fragrant. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan, dry roast the hazelnuts and the almonds, swirling the pan so the nuts don't burn.
- Place all the ingredients in a grinder and crush until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs and is a consistency suitable to use as a coating.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC on fan grill. Line a roasting pan with baking paper.
- Brush the lamb with olive oil and coat one side with the dukkah. Set aside.
- Lightly spray the dukkah crust with olive oil spray. Cook the lamb for 10- 12 minutes depending on the thickness. Rest for 3 - 4 minutes.
- On a platter, arrange salad leaves and arrange slices of the lamb backstrap on top. Serve with wedges of lemon.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10-12 minutes