Crispy Pancetta and Chilli Pasta
- 150g pancetta
- 4 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 500g pumpkin, seeded, peeled and diced
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 400g spaghetti
- Baby beetroot leaves or rocket
- Preheat oven to 180ºC on fan forced function.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the pancetta, garlic, pumpkin, and chilli in a bowl and toss to coat with a little olive oil.Place on the baking tray and bake for 25 - 30 minutes until the pumpkin is tender.
- Peel the garlic and mash with back of a spoon until smooth. Place the garlic, lemon juice, oil and sugar in a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 10 - 12 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Drain and return to the saucepan. Add the pumpkin, pancetta, leaves and dressing and toss well to combine.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes