- 50g unblanched almonds, coarsely chopped
- 165g castor sugar
- 50ml water
- Preheat oven to 180ºC on fan forced function.
- Spread the almonds in a single layer on a baking tray lined with baking paper, and roast until golden (4 - 5 minutes).
- Combine sugar, and water in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil and cook, occasionally brushing down the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush, until the mixture starts to caramel (4 - 5 min), then pour over the roasted almonds, ensuring all the nuts are covered.
- Cool completely and then break into shards.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes